Weed grinders! A cannabis consumer’s best friend and worst enemy. They can be a pleasure to use, or an absolute pain (sometimes literally). Almost everyone owns one of these tools, but they aren’t all made the same. Join us for a deeper dive into what makes or breaks a cannabis grinder.
Are weed grinders really needed? The answer varies by user.
Are grinders even an essential tool to begin with? It depends on how the material is used. Troy and Jerry share their preferences, and explain how they came to their own conclusions.
The perfect grind size: does it exist?
Different grinders produce various grind sizes, which change how the flower vaporizes or burns. Exactly which grind type is right for you may be a matter of personal preference, or it may change depending on your consumption method. Troy and Jerry identify different grind types, and explain their favorites and why they choose them.
The shape of the teeth and how this impacts performance
The teeth are often what make or break a grinder. Just because a grinder is different doesn’t necessarily improve its performance. Watch the video below to check out which ones suffer from design flaws, and which got it right. Let’s avoid poorly designed weed grinders that make us suffer!
From gimmicks to design flaws, here are the Top 5 Worst Grinders
Some herb grinders suffer from design flaws or gimmicks, some are crazy expensive, and some are both in the same package! Watch Troy and Jerry navigate their way through what they consider to be the top five worst grinders. If you see one of these in the wild, keep your distance!
Toothless grinders: Innovation or a gimmick?
Toothless grinders work with dry herb, but generally people prefer moist cannabis flower to extend the freshness and potency of the plant. However, moist flower kills toothless grinders! Is there a place for a toothless grinder at Troy and Jerry’s sesh? Find out right now!
Weed Grinder Questions, Answered
We answered some of the most popular questions about weed grinders. Read on for the Q&A.
- Q: What is the best weed grinder in the world?
- A: The best grinder depends on the needs of the user, but we can share our favorites. The Santa Cruz Shredder produces a consistent, fluffy grind, ideal for an even extraction in vaporizers and joints alike. The Brilliant Cut Grinder is the smoothest, easiest to turn grinder on the market, and features 11 different color options for each grinder section. The threadless design makes this grinder especially ideal for people with arthritis or wrist pain.
- Q: Can I use a spice / coffee / electric grinder to grind weed?
- A: An electric grinder can be used as a weed grinder, but there are drawbacks. The herb will quickly turn to a fine powder, and can easily pass through a bowl screen or paper filter. This can result in herb in your mouth, and clogged screens.
- Q: What is the best material for a weed grinder?
- A: Weed grinders come in various materials, the best being high grade aluminum, stainless steel and titanium. Tough materials that won’t wear down with time are essential, we don’t want to inhale metal, or any other foreign compounds. Cheap aluminum can wear down or flake off, and plastic can break with stress, so avoid those materials altogether.
Enjoy your new grinder!
There are tons of options when it comes to grinders for cannabis. We hope you walk away from here with the knowledge to invest in a beautiful, high performance grinder with zero health hazards. Enjoy your new grinder, your wrists will thank you!
Tune in to Think Dank every Friday starting at 9 pm EST/6 pm PST.